Tuesday 23 October 2012

Where does the time go?

Well, here I am a few days after trying to "unglue" my baby from me.  So far it hasn't worked.  He has had a cold and has been extra clingy.  That's okay though, I am going to try again once he is feeling better.  On another note, that interview I went to, apparently went well and I am going back for a second one.  The last few days seem to have been a whirlwind and I can't keep up!  Since my last post I have gained a few more Real Estate clients, my yard is now ready for grass and my blog has gotten a face lift!  I would love to hear your feedback or thoughts on it :)

Now that you are all up to speed I will tell you about the delicious supper I made tonight, plus some pretty yummy dairy free cookies...

Supper:  Honey Mustard Crusted Trout and Orzo Pasta
It's actually a Et Tu kit... I somewhat cheated but it was still tasty
The kit provides the Mustard Crust which you can put on any type of fish (I chose Trout because it is light and perfect for flavour enhancing).  Next instead of cooking on a frying pan I baked it in the oven.  Once you take it out there is a honey mustard sauce that you drizzle over it.

For the Pasta - you boil your water,  cook the pasta, add a bit of the pasta water and some butter.  Add a pesto parm powder that is included and presto chango you are good to go.  For those of you wondering - No, this part of the meal was not dairy free so I skipped this part of the meal but the fish was dairy free and I already had some veggies and rice left over from last nights Pad Thai.

Cookies:  Chocolate Chip Dairy Free Cookies



I found this recipe and tailored it slightly to be dairy free - also added a little more flour than it called for as the dough was very sticky and really hard to work with. And YES I ate the missing cookie!  Had to test it. :)

Thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies, perfect for school lunches.
Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour (again add a pinch or two more as needed if dough is too sticky)
  • 1 tsp baking soda (I accidentally skipped this step and my cookies turned out great... oops)
  • 1/2 cup of butter (replace with vegan margarine)
  • 1 tsp salt (I only used 1/2 tsp and the salt was slightly coarse)
  • 1 cup of packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips vegan or dairy free friendly) 
Instructions
  1. Kick the tires and light the fires to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream together your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing thoroughly. Beat in the flour, baking soda and salt.
  3. When that is done, fold in the two cups of chocolate chips by hand, and prepare to put them on some parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
  4. Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto the baking sheets.
  5. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and slightly underdone. Cool on the sheets completely.

1 comment:

  1. The Motivated MommyOctober 23, 2012 8:17 pm

    By the way, I have to mention that the wonderful new look was designed by Lisa at iCelebration. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete