Wednesday 17 October 2012

The Construction Zone

Ever feel like your life is a puzzle and some days you are really good at getting through your day no hitches and things seem to go your way?  Like when you find all the edges and corners to start your puzzle and things are shaping up nicely?  Then there are the days where one thing after another seems to either not go the way you intended it to or flat out goes wrong? Like when you finally get the puzzle close to being finished but all of a sudden you've either lost a piece or the pieces don't fit together and you have to start again?  This is how the last few days have been around here.  Not to mention the construction zone happening in my yard!

So yesterday my husband called and told me the truck wouldn't start, fair enough, I knew it was stalling out every now and then but not completely to the point where the truck would not start again.  Luckily enough he got a ride home and decided he could just take the car to work today.  I know I have an appointment this morning so I ensure to get my mom to pick me and the baby up and my mother-in-law to be here early to get my 3 year old.  It's 7:30am and I am up and on the couch... the baby decided to wake up at 5am thanks to my noisy husband and his annoying sleep habits.  I figured the only way to get some sleep is to get him into his swing and sleep on the couch.  I hear my 3 year old calling me and knocking on her door yelling "Mommy I wake up!".  I go say good morning to her, get her and myself dressed, get the baby ready and we wait.  My mom gets here right on  time and my mother-in-law finally shows up (a little late but hey who's counting) :)  We take off get stuck in traffic at a construction zone of course finally get to the office and my client isn't there yet so far so good.

After my appointment was done I realized I have an interview tomorrow morning and have nothing that will fit me!!  Since having baby boy I lost quite a bit of weight, enough to take me back down to almost my wedding weight (pre baby, pre hubby and pre 25 & up haha).  I borrow my mom's truck and head to the mall, find two pairs of dress pants and a sweater all for $60.  I feel happy and want to try them on but wouldn't you know the baby hates shopping and is screaming at the top of his lungs while I fit one pair of pants on.  I decide I will try the rest at home for the feeling of embarrassment coming over me that my child is ruining everyone else's shopping experience.  Ever get that stressful feeling with either a screaming kid or one throwing a temper tantrum?

Made it home and I find out that the construction supposed to be happening at my home to fix my ditches and yard and landscaping is starting today! YAY so happy to know that I will have a yard and driveway!  Then I was asked to go and get some zip ties.  This is really where the chaos started... I run to one store close to home thinking I was saving time and money BUT they don't carry the size and strength zip tie I need.  I then truck back into town, go to where I know they have the ties as this is where I got my culverts however they think they are out.  Now I have wasted more time then I wanted with baby boy in the back starting to get more frustrated than ever.  As luck may have it they found some and I was on my way back home.  Have to take the longer way home this time to avoid the traffic.

Once home I get baby boy stretched out, bum changed and fed.  I finally hear back about the truck that is not working and it is still not working!  Looks like it won't be ready for a few days because it's still not even been towed to the shop.  Then after that unfortunate phone call I get one from my husband saying I have to go get him in town, bring him back to our house to explain to the workers what we want done and then take him back in town.  I somewhat try to justify this to the baby but he is not buying it and still not happy about going back into the car seat.  I get my husband and get back home only to find out that we have some piping outside not connected but half buried.  He figures out what's wrong, digs it up only to find out the water is not coming out of the drain as the levels changed with some re figuring of the culverts we did.  Long storey short I had to make another trip to town to get some foam to plug a hole in the culvert cut by a chainsaw!

Now I am coming back home (still borrowing my mom's truck thank goodness for her today!) checking to see if she needs a ride home yet but it is too early so back home I go.  Next the baby needs feeding again and before you know it I'm back in town and need to figure out supper (which I'm sad to say was not exciting for any of you but yummy for me - hot dogs) so I stop at the store and get everything except something for supper of course!  I finally get home for the night and find out my yard will not get done now till next week.

Left with my yard a mess but still much better than where I started and my truck sitting 20 mins away and not working, not to mention the somewhat construction site going on in my home with items left to unpack and cleaning to be done!  Anyone else have one of those days? 

Well, looks like another busy morning tomorrow, I better get myself prepared... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment