Friday 19 October 2012

Operation Un-glue

Today I realized just how "close" my baby and I are.  Although I enjoy spending every waking moment glued at the hip (or should I say boob) with my baby, whether it be bed time, meal time, bathroom breaks, shower time or just anytime... there comes a time when mommy just needs a break!  I know you've all been there because one can only take so much before you just need a second to breathe without hearing crying, yelling, whimpering or the words "mom..." (obviously that part is from my 3 year old not my baby, yet anyway).  Either way, today I decided the baby and I need some space.

Now before you get the wrong idea, I'm not leaving him but I think it's time he sleeps in his own bed.  :)  Just saying those words makes feel happy!  If only it were that easy.  So tonight I began trying something different.  Rather than feeding him and then putting him in his swing until I go to bed (which sometimes he will go in his cradle for an hour or so and then end up in bed with me), I have decided once he is in a somewhat stable sleep, to move him into his crib.

First attempt... fail.  He woke up slightly moving him from nursing to swing and then again from swing to upstairs.  Got him into the crib and he fell asleep with a new white noise maker I bought today.  It shines stars lightly on the ceiling and makes either natures sounds or music.  My boy prefers the sound of water so that's what I put on.  All goes good, I get the monitor on and pull the door to, come downstairs and wait.  5 Minutes go by and he starts fussing.  No wonder!  I get up to his room and the blanket is over his head, feet in the air and he is not happy.

Back down we go and start all over again.  This time I decided to try a soother.  In the past this has been a waste of time, however with teething I decide that it may just prove to be somewhat useful.  He is currently in his swing and I am going to move him up to his room again shortly.  If it fails this time, in order to give him the sleep he needs, I will stop it for tonight and try again tomorrow.

Second attempt... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment