Thursday 18 October 2012

Starting off on the right foot

After my chaotic day yesterday I thought today would be a breeze.  Turns out it wasn't.  I got up at a decent time this morning to get my hair straightened, eye brows plucked (badly needed!), make-up on and teeth brushed... next got the kiddos dressed, hair done and teeth brushed and yes... I even remembered to get my 3 year olds teeth brushed.  Anyone else out there have trouble remembering that toddlers need their teeth brushed?  I find it so hard to get it into my routine in the morning let alone at night.  Back to getting ready - my pants that I bought yesterday fit so nice but since I am not 6 feet tall I will eventually need to get them hemmed!  Ever have that experience with clothing?  Story of my life!  So looks like heels for the interview.  Oh yeah, remember the construction going on in my yard?  Well I am going to have to wear flats until I make it to town.

Got everyone packed into the truck - still borrowing my mom's truck as it looks like we need a new starter after we get it towed to the shop.  Pick up mom, get daughter to daycare, 15 min before my interview feeling good about the morning.  Drop my mom and baby off at the office (gotta love mom's, they are the best! Always there when you need them).  Realize I didn't bring a copy of my resume just in case - sometimes HR likes you to have them.  Thought about printing it at the office but now I have 9 mins to get there and I wanted to be at least 10 min early!  Ha ha so much for being the keener, looks like I will be doing good just to get there on time.

I arrive at the building, get into the elevator but WAIT!  I forgot to change into my heels :( too late now... looks like I am walking on tippy toes!  I get into the room and meet the interviewers and realize I left my cell phone on high volume and can't get to it in my purse without being awkward and rude.  Here goes nothing!!  The interview goes well or at least I feel it does and I make it through without my phone ringing (only one msg notifier and I think they may not have noticed). 

I look at the time and have now been away from the baby for 45 min.  Time to call mom and let her know I am on my way.  All I hear is the baby screaming his head off... typical, he really doesn't like me leaving him.  Early signs of a mommas boy I think ha ha.  After getting back and picking him up I remember I have to meet clients about 15 mins away at 11am.  Thinking I have the day under control I remember I don't have a vehicle - "oh mom...".  Okay get the truck, go home, feed the baby, relax, right?  NOPE - I get a phone call "did you know you were supposed to meet your client at 10am?"  ahhhhhhhhh.  Pack the baby up, call the client, figure out where they live and speed!  Of course by speeding I mean drive very careful but fast enough to not waste anymore time but still be safe with the baby in the truck (you all have been there... I know!)

After that is all taken care of I finally got to get dropped off at home.  My yard is looking fantastic!  Might cost me more than we had originally planned for but I have a driveway and no holes or should I say trenches in my yard.  I can now relax with little man until my little girl and my husband get home after work!  Phew.  Peace at last.  When I relax, it usually involves thinking about what I should be doing like cleaning or preparing supper.  I then realize that the hamburger for supper is still frozen.  I guess Spaghetti and Meatballs are out of the question unless I fill the sink with some cold water and throw the hamburger in.  Hmmm... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment